Welcome to the Book of Softcode Challenges!
The goal of this book is to present a set of projects for softcoding in a graduated order of difficulty/challenge. The idea is that a new softcoder could undertake each of these challenges in order and develop new skills by learning the techniques necessary for doing each.
You can contribute to this book in several ways!
You can write a challenge page, and try to clearly outline a project for a coder to do. Please specify your estimate of the difficulty of this project as:
- Beginner - projects that teach very basic softcode concepts
- Advanced Beginner - projects that someone familiar with concepts but lacking experience should try
- Intermediate - projects that introduce less-common or more powerful functions and coding idioms
- Advanced Intermediate - larger or trickier projects that require coordination of multiple objects
- Expert - complex "systems-level" projects
You can comment on a challenge page to make suggestions to improve it.
You can even post softcode snippets or entire objects that meet the challenge, as examples to others.
Javelin will edit things into their proper order and organization in this book.
Go to it!