Tinytalk is a podcast about MUSHes and other text-based virtual worlds, and the players who play them. In this episode:
- [00:00] Softcoded language systems
- [06:30] Interview with Brazil, MUX2 developer, about Unicode support in MUX.
- [24:15] A visit to InterMUSH, a polylingual MUSH for language learning and practice
- [25:55] News and notes
Links to stuff mentioned in this episode:
- Linguistics [Wikipedia]
- Metaphors We Live By by George Lakoff and Mark Johnson, a good place to start for the lay reader
- Darmok, an outstanding linguistic episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Mux 2.4
- Unicode home page
- Atlantis, a Mac OS X mush client that does Unicode well.
- Chiaroscuro MUSH
- David Aubrun's My Revolution album
If you have mushing questions you'd like answered, or suggestions for future shows, send email (or audio files) to tinytalk at javelin.pennmush.org. You can also leave a voice message at 206-333-1542.
Tinytalk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License .