Tinytalk is a podcast about MUSHes and other text-based virtual worlds, and the players who play them. In this episode:
- [00:00] How to ask a question
- [04:53] Interview with Bill MacKenty (aka Boris) about using MUSH to teach 3d coordinates to middle school students
- [19:20] Summer reading list
- [22:43] News and notes
Links to stuff mentioned in this episode:
- Raymond and Moen's "How to Ask Questions the Smart Way"
- PennMUSH Faq-O-Matic
- TinyMUX Wiki
- Bloom's taxonomy from Wikipedia
- Game designer Raph Koster
- Summer reading:
- Designing Virtual Worlds, by Richard Bartle
- A Theory of Fun for Game Design, by Raph Koster
- Rules of Play: Game Design Fundamentals, by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman
- The Game Design Reader: A Rules of Play anthology, edited by Katie Salen and Eric Zimmerman
- The Knudepunkt conference anthologies. The 2007 book is Lifelike, and there are several older books here.
- The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Victoriana, by Jess Nevins.
- Vate's Aeronáutica y otras tecnologías album
If you have mushing questions you'd like answered, or suggestions for future shows, send email (or audio files) to tinytalk at javelin.pennmush.org. You can also leave a voice message at 206-333-1542.
Tinytalk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License .