warpedcore public beta announcement

Submitted by sad hack on Sun, 2009-10-25 08:31
  • M*U*S*H (telnet://mush.pennmush.org:4201)
  • Sunday, November 1, 2009
  • 3pm (US Central, aka M*U*S*H server time) until whenever.

This will be a line-by-line walk-through of the warpedcore function (what unfu~ has been converted to).

Weighing in at less than 25 attribs of code, it shouldn't take long to get through. I'm hoping for some cross-platform portability to emerge from this 'group exercise' (i.e., people can, if they want, write ports or contribute compatibility suggestions during/after this presentation). If there is time and interest when this is done, I'll proceed on to the installation of some sample content (the help files for the warpedcore, the warpedcore license, and yes... eventually the perl-d20 conversion script contributed by Javelin).

If you want to take part in this 'group development' event, please login to M*U*S*H and:

+signup warpedcore [<platform>]

The optional <platform> input is to let me know if there are people (and how many) interested specifically in assisting with portability.

After this event, I plan to disappear from the softcoding limelight for a while (possibly a very long while). If there is sufficient interest and participation in this event, I will be willing to hold more such events for the release of much of my other existing code (specifically: conversion to this warpedcore format). Other than that, I intend to spend my time working on new projects in online gaming.

peace