I've been thinking about trying to run a coding class on M*U*S*H lately (though my schedule is a bit erratic, so I can't always plan in advance too well), and we've had a few people on recently who have asked about classes, so I thought I'd make a quick post on here to try and gauge interest a little. Would you be interested in attending a coding class? (Or in running one?) Is there anything in particular you'd like to see a class run for/about? A few things that come to mind which may (or may not) be of interest to some people:
- Softcoding basics (for people who have never softcoded, or have just started)
- Intermediate Softcode (for people who know the absolute basics, but haven't written things of much complexity)
- PennMUSH Tips and Tricks (slightly more recent and/or advanced features in Penn, like #lambda, @message, etc)
- Hacking the Hardcode (for people with at least basic C knowledge but little or no knowledge of the PennMUSH internals)
- Installing and Using Space Systems
- Regular Expressions in MUSHcode
No guarantee that I (or anyone else) will run any of these, but if you're interested in seeing a class for one or more of these subjects (or, indeed, for something else (Penn)MUSH related), please post a comment here and say what, and how experienced you are with MUSHcode/programming in general.