Help Wanted

Submitted by sad hack on Tue, 2008-10-28 10:31

In these tough economic times, the need for donations and volunteers is greater than ever. Please consider donating time or money to local charitable organizations in your community. Places to consider contributing include (but are by no means limited to):

• Animal Rescue Organizations. Here's an example of what I mean from my local area: Tiny Paws Kitten Rescue. Holly is a confessed "crazy cat lady" (although she bears no resemblance to the one on The Simpsons) and her operation is 501c3.
  • Food Banks, local or regional. NOTE: With cold and flu season upon us, direct contribution of frozen orange juice might be worth considering.
  • The Salvation Army. This group takes a lot of heat during the off-season, but we always remember them during the holidays and we are always thankful to them when disaster strikes. Why wait until December to make a donation?

Is there a soup kitchen in your area? A homeless shelter?

Organizations such as these (and many, many more) serve a noble purpose. You can be a part of that nobility, too.

Charity begins at home, so I encourage you to contribute locally (if you have lots of money, like Ol' Tbone, donate regionally or nationally too, but still contribute locally).